Using an organization from a workplace, analyze the six (6) rules for evaluating needs and solutions based on fact and evidence. In your paper, “See attachment for details”
* 2 – 3 pages
* Cover page
* Reference page
* No Plagiarism
Rules, Tools, and Techniques
This chapter focuses on six rules and their associated tools, techniques, and tips for measuring the magnitude of problems and the effect of solutions so that the evaluations are more evidence-based, that is, they are based on actual observations or outcomes, not hypothetical events or hearsay. Collectively, the rules, tools, techniques, and tips are meant to support the evaluation of interventions or solutions designed to improve human performance. Their use increases the chances that evaluation is based on valid information that is useful to decision-makers. Rules are prescribed guides for what to do, when, and why. The rules begin with how to get agreement on what measures and metrics to use as the basis of the evaluation. They conclude with how to present findings to clients to facilitate understanding and decisions. Tools are instruments used in the execution of a task. They are a means to an end. Techniques are suggestions about how to carry out a task or make better use of a tool usually with the intent of saving time or reducing error. Tips are bits of expert advice intended to make the application of a rule or the use of a tool easier. Tools, techniques, and tips are meaningless without rules; likewise, rules without tools, techniques, and tips are difficult to apply.
Mosele, J. & Dessinger, J. (2009). Handbook of Improving Performance in the Workplace. (Volume 3). Pfeiffer-Wiley
To prepare for this Discussion, pay particular attention to the following Learning Resources:
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
· Read Week 4 Lecture –
See Word doc
· Read Chapter 11-12 – See Word doc
Using an organization from a workplace, analyze the six (6) rules for evaluating needs and solutions based on fact and evidence. In your paper,
· How they can be applied to the workplace.
· Choose at least:
· Two (2) tools
· Two (2) techniques that you feel would benefit the organization.
· Develop a plan that could be used to introduce and utilize the tools and techniques into the workplace.
· Write at least 2-3 pages
· Microsoft Word in APA style.
· Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
· Include cover page and reference page.
· Use at least three references from outside the course material
· One reference must be from Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.