Create an “online survey” as a web page formatted to look similar to the example webpage at the end of this document.
You should choose your own company name, product theme, and logo (image). Reword the example survey text to match your selection. Use only Notepad or a similar text editor to create your document. Insert your name and Student ID as comment lines directly above the element of your web page.
Embedded CSS Settings/Requirements
· background and foreground/text colors should complementary and professional
· h1 and h2 heading element text should be centered
· choose an image to represent your product theme (i.e., your company logo) and make it appear to the right of the text in the DIV element (see “Document Text” section below); you may need to resize your image to make sure that it occupies between 20% and 30% of the browser width
· the DIV element (see “Document Text” section below) should have a width of approximately 70% of the browser width
· form elements should be aligned by putting them into a table (see example web page)
· list item text should have appropriate font and size settings
· horizontal rules should be inserted as shown in the example webpage
· single group of radio buttons should be used for the gender selections
· select (dropdown) element or single group of radio buttons should be used for the age-group selections (not checkboxes as shown in the example)
· Reset button should clear all form elements, including survey responses
· Submit button does not have to submit the form data, but it does need to perform validation for all fields to be required and the email field to be the correct format
Use the Following Document Text
You may copy these blocks of text into your document where applicable, but be sure you change the text (namely, the italicized words/phrases) to match your selected company/product type. Make sure you have created the style settings as listed above and as shown in the example webpage.
· Thank you for choosing Sunrise Coffee Creations
· You have been randomly selected to participate in our Customer Satisfaction Survey. Please tell us a little bit about yourself by filling in the requested information at the top of the survey, then respond to the survey opinion statements based on your experiences with Sunrise Coffee Creations. To show our appreciation, we will send you a $5 Sunrise Coffee Creations eGift Certificate via e-mail.
· Please respond to the opinion statements using the following scale:
· Ordered or unordered list items
· 1 Strongly Agree
· 2 Somewhat Agree
· 3 Neither Agree nor Disagree
· 4 Somewhat Disagree
· 5 Strongly Disagree
· Ordered or unordered list items
· Sunrise Coffee Creations products are always fresh.
· Sunrise Coffee Creations products have an appealing aroma.
· Sunrise Coffee Creations products are reasonably priced.
· Sunrise Coffee Creations products are of the highest quality.
· Overall, I am very satisfied with Sunrise Coffee Creations products.
Validate Your Web Page
Validate your web page at http://validator.w3.org using the “Validate by File Upload” option. If errors are detected, fix them and revalidate. If your file does not validate with no errors, an automatic 5-point deduction will be taken. Note: all tags should be lower case for proper validation.
Submit the Assignment
Make sure you have saved your web page as “4315_Lab1_abc1234.htm” where abc1234 represents NetID. Put the web page file and your image file in a folder named “4315_Lab1_abc1234” (where abc1234 represents your NetID), then zip and upload it to Canvas using the link provided in the assignment page.
Example Web Page