Benchmark – Analyzing Cognitive And Educational Evaluation This assignment is due on 11/24/21. This require 500-750 words, please follow the uploaded document below. The cognitive and educational evaluation is a main data source for MET teams to determine eligibility and placement for special education services. All team members must make decisions and advocate for educational instruction, strategies, and placement based on evaluation report results. Collaboration with parents about sharing evaluation results and seeking consent for special education services is also a required professional and legal element. Teachers should gain valuable skills and knowledge regarding analysis, decision-making, and sharing results that pertain to cognitive and educational evaluations.
Part 1: Formal and Informal Assessment
Read the “Analyzing Cognitive and Educational Evaluation Report” provided for student Adam Gallery. Based on the report, create a table with a column for each formal and informal assessment. Complete the table with the following information, labeling each column and row:
· In the first row, clearly identify each assessment.
· In the second row, describe how each assessment is technically sound and minimizes rater bias
· In the next row, provide a summary of Adam’s results on each assessment that will help guide appropriate educational decisions. (Do not simply cut and paste the findings.)
· In the last row, explain why the selected assessment tool is appropriate for diagnosing Adam’s strengths and needs.
Beneath the table, in a 500-750 word analysis, advocate for the appropriate educational decisions for this student based on the assessment results. The analysis should include:
· Recommendations for any needed classroom accommodations or modifications, and placement for specific content areas.
· Appropriate accommodations for Adam’s assessments or testing conditions, including the use of technology for these accommodations.
· Reflection on the role of special education teachers as advocates for students to help students realize and develop their unique talents and skills.
Part 2: Parent Script
Using the “Analyzing Cognitive and Educational Evaluation Report,” compose a 250-500 word script seeking consent for special education services from Adam’s parents. Your script should include a hypothetical conversation (e.g., provide the actual verbiage/wording that would be exchanged) with the parents where results of the MET report are appropriately relayed and specific wording seeking consent for services is included.
Support your findings by citing the “Analyzing Cognitive and Educational Evaluation Report” where appropriate.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.