Please see the attached files
Due on 10th March.
1. Data & Results to be done (Use Study material and simulation link for this)
simulation link: https://phet.colorado.edu/en/simulation/molecule-shapes
2. Post Lab assignment to be done
Short Answer (35 points)
Answer the following questions based on material covered in this module. (5 points each.)
(You must use complete sentences when answering each question.
1-point deduction per question not answered in complete sentences.)
1) Based on your data from the simulation, what is the connection between the number of electron groups and the electron geometry?
2) Describe how the electron geometry changes if you replace a bond with a lone pair. (Does it change?)
3) Describe how the molecule geometry changes if you replace a bond with a lone pair.
4) How is the bent geometry related to the trigonal planar geometry?
5) How is the bent geometry related to the tetrahedral geometry?
6) How is the trigonal pyramidal geometry related to the tetrahedral geometry?
7) For the molecules in the last part of the assignment, how close were your predictions? Explain.