- A clear, specific, and detailed response to the initial question(s) below
- Clear, specific, and detailed, responses to at least two other students’ posts
Step 1 Answer the following questions:
What are your obligations under these Guidelines?
What real-life scenario do you believe you could encounter as a paralegal in which Guideline 3 and 4 will apply?
How will you adjust your workplace activity based upon these Guidelines?
What other questions or comments do you have about these Guidelines?
This discussion forum will help you evaluate your research and writing skills.
This discussion is worth 10 points. Use the attached rubric to determine if you are meeting the objectives of the assignment for full credit.
Note: You will not be able to view the posts of your classmates until you submit your initial post.
Your participation in the discussion forum, including:
1. A clear, specific, and detailed response to the initial question(s) below
2. Clear, specific, and detailed, responses to at least two other students’ posts
Post the following: What are your obligations under these Guidelines? What real life scenario do you believe you could encounter as a paralegal in which Guidelines 3-4 will apply? How will you adjust your workplace activity based upon these Guidelines? What other questions or comments do you have about these Guidelines?
Read other students’ posts and respond to at least two of them.
Tips to Successfully Complete the Discussion:
1. Use the attached Rubric to determine whether your original post and replies include the necessary detail to successfully complete this assignment.
2. Important Note: Be sure to write an original post. Do not copy and paste answers that you locate elsewhere whether in the course materials or on the Internet. If you do want to refer to your lesson materials or Internet sources, you must give credit to that borrowed information and provide basic citations. The goal here isn’t perfect citation, but rather to make sure that you follow the student’s and paralegal’s ethical duties to give credit for information borrowed from other sources. If you want to use exact words and phrases as part of your answer use quotation marks, but your response should still be primarily in your own words. Only then will you demonstrate that you understand the material covered. If you have any questions, please reach out to your instructor.
3. Consider this: When a client, managing attorney, or judge asks a paralegal a question, the paralegal cannot simply hand that individual an outside source. A paralegal can refer to the source, but he/she still must answer the question in his/her own words and demonstrate confidence and skill in the topic at hand.