President Trump announced on March 1, 2018 that the U.S. government would impose 25% tariffs on imported steel and 10% tariffs on imported aluminum, which re-ignited the hot debate of free trade versus protectionism.
- Assess why the U.S. government should protect the U.S. steel and aluminum industries. Are they infant industries?
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of free trade and protectionism.
- What would be the economic impacts of free trade and protectionism on the following aspects of U.S. economy: Prices, employment/unemployment, GDP, producers and workers, and consumers? For protectionism, you may refer to a particular case of the U.S. steel industry, aluminum industry, manufacturing industry, automobile industry, or any other industry.
- Are you in favor of free trade or protectionism? Explain your reasoning.
A min of 2 pages length.
PREVENTION AND CONTROL 4
For this option, create and submit an annotated bibliography of research supporting your action plan. This is a helpful activity because it will assist you in finding relevant sources of information for use in your final course portfolio project.
1. Click here (Links to an external site.) for information about creating annotated bibliographies. Your annotated bibliography must be in the correct format shown in this link for full credit.
2. You will include ten (10) references, of which at least seven (7) will be from scholarly sources (books or peer-reviewed journals) and the rest from newspapers, magazines, government, or trade press or trade organizations.
3. Along with each reference in your bibliography, provide an annotation that explains:
a. why you chose the reference,
b. how you found it, and