Management – Decision Theory
In the Euro Disneyland case study (Attachment 1 Pdf), many of the issues Disney had from the start related to cultural challenges expanding into France. Using Hofstede’s four cultural dimensions as a point of reference, how would you make the following decisions using the Business Problem Solving Model in the course content?
1. Discover-Identify the problem: What were two of the three main issues described in the case that were problematic?
2. Investigate-Gather information to define the problem: What were the cultural challenges posed by Disney’s expansion into France?
3. Brainstorm-Produce Alternatives: In your opinion, how could Disney have resolved these issues?
4. Implement-Put the best solution into effect: Of your alternatives, which one do you think would work out best? Why?
5. Review-Assess the effects of the solution: Based on Disney’s experience, what are the lessons the company should have learned about how to deal with cultural issues when expanding? Describe each.
· Be 6 pages in length, which does not include the title page, abstract, or required reference page, which is never a part of the content minimum requirements.
· Use APA (7th ed) style guidelines.
· Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles.
· Provide plagiarism report.