Nursing has over 200 professional organizations, special interest groups, and coalitions dedicated to the interest of nursing. For this discussion:
1. Examine a nursing organization to determine the political function of the organization.
( I found this one but you can use any other): The American Organization for Nursing Leadership (AONL) is the voice of nursing leadership. AONL Advocacy provides important public policy information on issues relevant to nursing and health care. It informs nursing leaders on current developments in the federal arena and encourages them to take action on health and patient care issues, which impact their ability to provide safe, accessible, and quality patient care services.
2. Discuss three legislative initiatives supported by the organization.
3. Define your position on each of the initiatives and whether you agreed with the organization’s position and advocacy platform.
4. Compose a Tweet that reflects your position on the legislative initiative, remembering the 140-character limit. Be concise. Share your Tweet in the discussion.
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 250 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply. Include the Doi or URL link.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used