Organizational Planning and Goal Setting [WLOs: 1, 2] [CLOs: 2, 4, 5, 6]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, please read Chapter 5 in your
Kinicki and Williams
You have been asked by your manager at work to train new leaders and managers about organizational planning and goal setting. For your initial post, create an outline of a training presentation including speaker notes that could be used to teach your colleagues about the levels of organizational planning.
In your training presentation outline,
· Describe the three levels of organizational planning (strategic, tactical, and operational) and the kinds of goals that are usually associated with each type of planning, including notes you would use to present the information if you were teaching a group of leaders and managers.
· Outline the roles and responsibilities of leaders and managers within the organization for each level of planning and associated goal setting, including notes you would use to present the information if you were teaching a group of leaders and managers.
· Distinguish between the roles and responsibilities of
· top leaders in the organization,
· mid-level leaders and managers, and
· front-line supervisors.
· Explain how each group of leaders and managers contributes to the overall direction and performance of the organization through planning and goal setting, providing examples from your own experience to help illustrate your points, including notes you would use to present the information if you were teaching a group of leaders and managers.
Post your training presentation outline and speaker notes as an attachment to your discussion, and include a brief commentary in the discussion textbox that would serve as an introduction of the training presentation to the new leaders and managers (e.g., what they would learn by participating in the training session).